Thursday, July 03, 2008

Amsterdam Epilogue

I've been back for a few days now. My last couple of days were hectic but it was nice jumping on that bird back across the pond. The funny thing is that this was the first time that I had flown westbound over the Atlantic on a full airplane. Usually there are only a couple of us onboard.

When I arrived back in MSP I felt as if I had been gone for half a lifetime. For one the temperature was close to 90 degrees and I was driving a car that didn't have a clutch pedal. And I noticed how big American vehicles really are.

By the way, my family was really glad to see me.

So what have I learned from this experience? I've learned that time alone isn't a bad thing. I also know that people miss me when I'm gone. Selfish I know but that's something important to me. So what else?.....

Children grow up faster when you are gone. At least there hair does.

I appreciate home, but I also appreciate the rest of the world.

So would I do it again? In a heartbeat. I look forward to the opportunity.

No comments: