Tuesday, March 06, 2007

My good deed for the day....

It was my first winter here at work (1992) and we had a little departmental Christmas Party. Since I was living at home at the time my mom didn't want me bringing in a platter of Twinkies so she cooked up some eggrolls and dipping sauce. My manager at the time, Mike, loved the things and he would've eaten the whole tray of them if we would have left the room.

Since that time I've changed positions here at work and when we cross paths he'll ask me when he can expect some of my moms eggrolls. It's an insiders joke and we'll laugh about it.

But a few months ago things weren't so funny. He had gone to the doctor complaining about some pain in his leg. After a couple more appointments he finds out that he's got a tumor in his leg. For a while there he was on a chemo drip to shrink it down so they could eventually operate and remove it. While he was on that poison he was shrinking away in front of us, he lost his hair, and was on limited duty here at work.

But things are looking better now. The operation went well, his hair is starting to come back, and he's back to full duty.

And as an added bonus, he's got some more eggrolls. I told my mom about his plight and she was more than happy to make some more for him. He said he owes me. Naw, it's all good. Just so he's back at it is payment enough for me.

And my mom made up some extras for me.....

No comments: