Thursday, November 15, 2007

All work and no play.....


OK....so I'm here in Prague.

The people are Eastern-Bloc Friendly, the food is marginal....oh what the hell, working here as a westerner sucks. Your first clue that you are not in Kansas anymore is the fact that 12 foot concrete fences topped by razor wire surround the facility, and that you spend about 10 minutes each morning going through security. (Hell the first morning I got frisked but didn't ask Comrade Ivan whether or not he was going to buy me dinner).
The Facility at CSA is right out of a Post-Communism handbook. Drab is in every imaginable shade, lights are optional, and closed doors are a must. If someone smiles down the hallway you expect an alarm to sound.

I guess my spirits aren't helped by the fact that the airplane is many days late now.....add to the fact that it's right around freezing, and we haven't seen the sun in a few days.

Our Dutch colleagues are taking us into the city tonight for dinner so we'll see if that brightens our moods any. I'm hoping that will be the case.

No comments: